Saturday, December 1, 2012

Re-Connected and It Feels So Good

Happy December, everyone!  I cannot believe we're already in the last month of the year.  After living in our new home for two weeks, we FINALLY got our internet and TV all set up yesterday, so I am now able to fully connect to the outside world again!

The unpacking of all of our boxes has gone A LOT more slowly than I expected, practically at a glacial speed.  Even with my husband home this entire past week on permissive TDY, not much progress has been made.  But we were able to get enough of our belongings out of boxes last week to be able to properly cook Thanksgiving dinner for the two of us.

Overall we love our new home.  It has all of the space we were looking for, and then some with 4 bedrooms plus an additional loft type space upstairs.  While my husband and I love our house, I believe our dogs might actually love it even more than we do.  They have a fenced in back yard to run around in and no longer have to be leashed up in order to go outside.  They have more space to run around inside the house, plus a staircase to go up and down that gets them lots of exercise.

Much of my focus has been spent on trying to find a new job.  I found one position a couple weeks ago on post at Ft. Sam that matched up perfectly with my experiences at my previous job, plus it offered military spouse hiring preference, however I never heard a word back from them.  I do have an interview coming up this week for another position I applied for, so keep your fingers crossed for me!

Lastly, I have a little news to share with everyone.  This news is a big reason why the unpacking of our house hasn't gone as planned, as I haven't exactly had the energy to do a lot of lifting and shifting of things...


My husband and I are expecting our first child!  Needless to say, we are very excited!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats!!!! So excited for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!! Exciting news. I hear energy returns after a while so hang tough :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWW YAAAY!!! I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! So happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats! June 13 is an excellent day to be born! I should know... :)

    ReplyDelete