Sunday, December 4, 2011

Santa

Today I took our dogs to the pet store to get their picture taken with Santa.  I last did this with Kiba three years ago, and she just hammed it up for the camera and was perfect.

Kiba with Santa, 2008

With this being Saki's first Christmas, I wanted to be sure to take the dogs this year.  I just about missed the big day, but thankfully I thought to pull up the pet store's site a few nights ago to see when they were planning on doing it, and saw they were taking appointments for today.

Saki is still very much a puppy (he'll be turning 1-year old three days after Christmas), and I was very nervous about bringing him.  Will he cooperate and actually sit still for Santa?  Will he think Santa's beard is fluff from a stuffed toy and try eating it?  Will he actually look at the camera rather than turning his head from side to side to check out the different surroundings?

Thankfully he was pretty good and worked with Santa and the photographer and made me a proud mommy.  The photographer said she got a really good picture of them.  And Saki was good and left Santa's beard alone, which I was VERY happy about given that his beard was actually real.  In order to be quick today with getting everyone in and out in a timely manner, they just took the pics today, and then on Friday I get to go pick up the picture of my babies.  I cannot wait to see how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment