Sunday, October 30, 2011

I ♥ Publix

It's been a little while since I've managed to get a really good deal at the grocery store.  This is partially due to not putting a whole lot of effort into my couponing adventures now that I'm only shopping for myself at the moment, and partially because coupons have not been the greatest as of late, while also matched with disappointing sales at my stores.


While at the store this morning, I grabbed all of these items pictured above, as well as the Sunday paper.  They retail for $27.75, and I paid only $5.60 for it all, making for a total savings of just under 80%!  This is actually largely due to the Crest Whitestrips.  This travel size version retails for $5.99, but I had a store coupon for $10 off any Whitestrips product and a manufacturer's coupon for $7 off any Whitestrips product, both of which did not restrict size.  So the strips came out for free and gave me an $11 overage that was used towards the rest of my groceries (along with another $3.20 off with coupons, plus $1.95 in-store savings from sales).

I really enjoy when I can save money on goodies as otherwise I cannot justify the expense of spending money on snacks and I am happy about the extras I was able to pick up... the cookies were only 99¢ after $2 off in coupons, I had store coupons for the Swedish Fish (for me) and Sour Patch Kids (to send to the hubby), and my overage made the cake mix, sour cream, and pumpkin all free!  Now it's off to the kitchen to whip up those last three items into some (hopefully) yummy pumpkin cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment