Monday, November 14, 2011

Not Soon Enough

While overall this past month since I last saw the hubby has been easier than the two and half months he was in basic, I've had a bit of a difficult time these last several days.  At first I thought my kind of down and out and just overall bad mood that I woke up with Saturday morning was due to womanly hormones mixed with having to drive a couple counties over for the day for a dinner I was told I "must attend" but didn't care to be at.  But when it continued for all of yesterday and through to this morning and tearing up while making my morning coffee, I accepted the fact that I have entered a bit of a depressed state.  I'm trying my best to think positively and keep myself busy in hopes of pulling myself up, but it's been hard.


One thing that I've found today that is helping with this melancholy is the Train inspired station I've created on Pandora to listen to while at work... Train, Matt Nathanson, Michael Buble, Anna Nalick, and more wonderful voices to serenade me all day helps make for a happier me!  All I need is for Thanksgiving to get here so I can have four glorious days to spend with my husband.  A week and a half just seems to be too far away still.  I'm just glad that the hubby received a good pick-me-up on Friday in the form of a surprise off-base pass for volunteering to march in the Veteran's Day parade and got to enjoy hitting up the mall and Best Buy, eating out at Chili's, and wearing regular civilian clothes for the first time in over three months.  He really needed that day and the sense of normalcy it gave.

No comments:

Post a Comment