Wednesday, January 25, 2012

One of Those Days...

Have you ever had one of those days where not too long after starting your day, you wish you could just go back to bed and try again tomorrow?  Today, that describes me.  When my alarm went off this morning, my desire to not get out of bed was even greater for some reason -- I suppose part of me "knew" what my morning would have in store for me.
  • I took the dogs outside first thing after waking up like I usually do each morning, and Saki refused to go to the bathroom, even though he clearly hadn't puddled anywhere inside the house during the night.
  • I somehow managed to gain almost half a pound according to our oh-so-reliable scale between when I woke up and after I had used the bathroom.  I know this cannot actually be true, however it's frustrating to see when my weight has been sitting at a plateau for the past month.
  • When packing up my lunch for the day, my yogurt cup slipped out of my hand and splattered all over the kitchen floor.  At least the dogs benefited from this and got a nice, yet healthy, post-breakfast treat here when I asked them to clean up the mess.
  • I walked out of the house without my water bottle for my daily post-work gym time, remembering it as I reached the end of my street, and then got "yelled" at by the dogs when I re-entered the house to retrieve it, only to leave again 10 seconds later.
  • Upon walking into the office, I saw that my desk had been left a mess by our student worker who decided to hop over from the computer she was working at when I left yesterday to my desk, with copies of her resume strewn over the top of a table of mine, random software discs laying about, and one of my drawers left wide open.
Thankfully a phone call from the hubby combined with an intense pinning session on Pinterest this morning helped to ease my frazzled state.  But I will say, I am still sitting here waiting for the other shoe to drop.  I just hope when I get home today I don't discover that Saki has made a mess in his crate.  *Fingers crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment