Saturday, June 2, 2012

I Shall Call Him Squishy, and He Shall Be Mine...

My day was made yesterday when I got to work in the morning and began checking my email, only to find in one of my daily emails from Amazon was the official announcement of the pre-order of Finding Nemo on Blu-Ray!


This is one of my all-time favorite movies, and has been ever since I first saw it during a late-night trip to the movies in college when the university movie theater was showing it for all of like $2.  I've been waiting on Disney to release it on Blu-Ray for quite some time now, because everything is better in HD, and dealing with rumors of its release coming and going quite regularly over the last several years (with my husband giving me a hard time each time a rumored release date has been mentioned, telling me that they're never going to release it).

When Disney made the announcement last year that they would be re-releasing several of their popular movies in theaters in 3D, I became very excited when Finding Nemo was included in the list of movies to be released in 3D, because I knew that meant the Blu-Ray would follow shortly thereafter, based on the precedent they had set first with The Lion King, and then with Beauty & the Beast.

It appears as though Disney is sticking to their word and moving full-steam ahead with their plans for my beloved Nemo, with the 3D showing in theaters set for September 14th and the Blu-Ray/3D Blu-Ray release set for December 4th!


I'm so excited!!  And my husband can make fun of me all he wants for getting so excited over this, but he got just as excited when Disney did the same thing with The Lion King last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment