Monday, February 13, 2012

Brrrr

Overall I've been very pleased with this winter and the mild temps it has brought our way here in the south.  I figured we had manage to escape this winter without me really feeling the need to break out my pea-coat and scarves, especially after General Beauregard Lee, Georgia's weather predicting groundhog, failed to see his shadow and told us we'd have an early spring.

Then this weekend came and brought with it a cold front from our upstairs neighbors in Canada.

I promise, the car was not moving when I took this picture.

Waking up to a temperature of 20° sure does make it difficult to get moving in the morning.  Especially when it's the third day in a row of dealing with these below freezing numbers.

And apparently those wonderful people who get paid to tell us what the weather is supposed to be each day are saying that we have an 80% chance of precipitation tonight/tomorrow that could result in snow.  Lovely.  My only hope is that if it does snow, it is enough to where they decide to cancel school here and the University closes for the day so I can have a free paid day off from work to curl up in bed all day with my pups.

1 comment:

  1. We are having the same type of weather. Just last week I put away our winter gear...uh! I thought I was safe...lol Oh well. My boys will love to get snow.

    ReplyDelete