Wednesday, May 23, 2012

10 Years

Ten years ago today, I graduated from high school.


It is just so crazy to think that it has been that long!

I don't know that I'm where I thought I'd be at this point, but overall my life over the past ten years has been pretty good.  My high school experience was a fairly good one, where my 700-person graduating class largely got along with each other pretty well and I had a close group of friends I had known for practically forever, however life has become increasingly better with each year that has passed since that time.  I had a great time in college where I met some good, new friends, had fun at tailgates and football games, and received a quality education that led me to receive degrees in marketing and advertising.  I've learned a lot about myself and what I am capable of.  I've learned a lot about others and better know who I can count on and trust and who I cannot.  And lastly, I met the love of my life and married my best friend.

It certainly hasn't been all sunshine and rainbows the entire time by any means, however the journey, through all of its ups and downs, has turned me into the person I am today.  I am grateful for the experiences I have had -- enjoyed the good and learned from the bad, and am excited to see what the next ten years will bring my way.

1 comment: