Saturday, May 19, 2012

Playing Hooky

Yesterday I got to play hooky from work, and it was completely endorsed by my boss!  Earlier in the week our custodial staff came into our office and decided that within the week they should come in and clean our carpets.  Since they insisted on beginning the work about an hour or two after we begin work in the morning and said it would take several hours to shampoo the carpet & for it to dry, our department head said we could simply take the entire day off.  And because we were being kicked out of our office at someone else's request, the four of us who work in there got to take the day without using leave time!

My attempt to sleep in was once again foiled by my dogs, as it usually already is each weekend with the two corgis jumping on me in bed around 6:30am.  However I did get a nice wake-up surprise in the form of a sweet message from my husband.

I used my free morning productively and got my grocery shopping for the week done, which included hitting up a sale event at Kroger where they are donating money to the USO for purchasing participating sales items.  I then met up with some of my old co-workers for lunch to catch-up with each other and hear how the bad things that bothered me when I left the department last year still haven't changed, followed by a relaxing afternoon & evening of reading and watching some good girly TV.  I finished up the second book in The Hunger Games series, Catching Fire, and I'm all sorts of excited to jump into book three to see how it all ends!  All in all, it was a pretty good day off.

On a side note, I do believe that after taking the time the last several days to process my feelings that I am actually feeling better.  My husband even noticed a difference when he called me last night, saying that I sound happier, which I know made him happier.  I just do not want to dwell on those feelings of mine any longer, as I feel like they're holding me back in life.  I hope that after this week I'm better able to move forward and focus on me & my husband, and our future.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are feeling better, it is amazing what writing out your feelings will do. :)

    ReplyDelete