Thursday, May 24, 2012

Bon Voyage!

I am now officially authorized to travel outside of the country!


I have been outside of the U.S. just once before, during a Spring Break trip in college when we visited Niagara Falls and drove over to the Canadian side of the falls and explored the surrounding city a little, back before they required a passport and you could simply enter and leave Canada with just a U.S. driver's license.  But I've never been anywhere else.

Given the fact that my husband and I both love to visit and explore new places and have a desire to see as much of the world as we possibly can, I figured this was as good of a time as any to apply for my very first passport.  And I was beyond shocked when it arrived in the mail today, just two weeks after I submitted my application.  My picture makes me look like I had spent quite a bit of time in a tanning bed before it was taken, but otherwise I love it and cannot wait until I get to use it for the first time!

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo! It is always exciting getting a passport! Happy travels. :)

    ReplyDelete