Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Bed Cartography


I've seen this image floating around on Facebook quite a bit recently, and it made me wonder how often couples actually stay on their respective sides of the bed each night.

I then decided to edit the image and create a cartography diagram of my very own!


Often times, I find myself curled up in fetal position on the very edge of my side of the bed.  If I am able to spread out/lie flat and actually extend my legs, I find that usually my legs are then pinned down with animals to my left, right, and between my legs, and my husband partially on top of me with his head on my right shoulder and his left leg jabbing into my right side.  Funny thing is, it doesn't seem to matter what size of the bed we're in either, whether it be our full size bed we have at home or a king size bed in a hotel room, I always seem to be curled up in some awkward position with little room!

Even over these last several months when hubby hasn't been home to sleep in our bed, I've still been pushed up against the edge with my dogs taking the place of my husband to the right of me.  They might only weight 20 & 25-ish pounds, but when they're fast asleep, that dead weight feels like a lot more and becomes difficult to move over!  At least my husband won't have to worry about me hogging the bed on him when he returns!

How does your bed cartography look?

No comments:

Post a Comment